page updated the 1st of April 2006
This installation could be done from a terminal unix windows :
install nvdia driver
3. reboot your computer in order to set correctly the nvidia driver
This installation should be done from a terminal Linux windows.
1. sudo mkdir /mnt/windows
2. sudo gedit /etc/fstab
3. add into /etc/fstab the line :
/dev/hda1 /mnt/windows ntfs ro,user,auto,gid=100,umask=002 0 0
With Ubuntu distribution if you don’t know the name of you hard drive ( /dev/hda1 ) have a look in the file : /boot/grub/menu.lst
You will find a line with this kind of information :
# This entry automatically added by the Debian installer for a non-Linux OS # on /dev/hda1 title Windows NT/2000/XP
The installation of wine is mandatory in order to run quark.
Follow the procedure described on this site :
Quark works with wine 0.9.7 , don’t try with wine 0.9.8 it crashes.
For more information : bug
You have to buy Torque in order to receive a link to download the software.
1. Download the files on the torque site
2. execute : TorqueGameEngineSDK-1.3.bin
3. Update the launch script in order to avoid issues with saved data from the menu and editor .
4. gedit runtorque.sh
5. update the following line as specify below
This installation should be done with a terminal Linux window.
1. Download the SUN version of java for Linux : the GPL version of java crash
Install it and make the following link with ubuntu :
sudo ln -s /’your installation directory’/bin/java java
2. Download the version of jedit
With ubuntu install the Debian version with Synaptic.
3. Follow the user instruction "JEdit installation and setup" to finish the jedit installation at this web page
1. Display the file to download on sourceforge repository.
2. Download the Torque Script IDE (TIDE)
3. Download ProjectViewer.jar and TIDE_JEdit42.zip
4. Put this file into ’your home’/.jedit/jars/ and unzip the files in the directory.
5. Launch jedit : the plugins should appear in the menu pligins.
If you use ubuntu distribution :
install the blender
ubuntu version 2.41 provided with new version of Ubuntu (dapper) , use
synaptic and add the following Debian binary package repository :
Download the Dts Exporter
and installed it has explained in the link above.
1. Download the last version of quark :
Quark download download QuArK 6.5.0 alpha 5 (or the latest version) and install it into your home directory ( unzip the file quark-win32-6.5.0alpha5.zip or the latest)
2. download T Torque engine the Quark To torque wrapper
unzip the file and copy the file map2dif_DEBUG.exe in the directory ./torque/tmpQuArK
3. Setting the Quark configuration
In quark open edit/configuration select torque :
=> set the directories in function of your installation.
=> set to valve220 the fields "output map format" into the torque configuration.